Another birthday has come and gone and I’m so grateful for this past year that has flown by. It definitely hasn’t come without its share of obstacles, triumphs, setbacks and massive accomplishments. I just wanted to take the time to reflect on this past year and share with you what it has shown me. Hopefully, 23 will be the best one yet.
6. Follow your heart even if that means making a few mistakes along the way.
7. After becoming a part of the Clemson Athletics Hall-of-Fame, I was told not to let that be the best thing I ever do. It is in fact a tremendous accomplishment, but we should definitely strive to do better, be better and reach for greatness in everything that we do.
8. Even if you don’t find greatness through one door, find another door. Dreams aren’t set in stone.
9. Values are more important than superficiality.
10. Live for the moments that genuinely put a smile on your face.
11. You only fail if you don’t try (super cliché, but extremely true).
12. Do your best not to judge people before you truly get to know them.
13. Learn to see things from someone else’s perspective.
14. Listening is far important than speaking.
15. Believe what people do not what they say.
16. The best adventures come from unexpected people and unforeseen circumstances.
17. Never lose faith in the power of God’s will.
18. Never beg for someone’s help. They will help if they want to.
19. Acceptance of yourself is far more valuable than acceptance from others.
20. Forgiving others is important as their issues are not your burden to carry.
21. Above all, don’t forget to forgive yourself for your own mistakes.
22. Believe in the good in people & in humanity as a whole.
23. Live for your own happiness, make others smile & never let anyone dim your LIGHT. The sun doesn’t stop shining because some people are blind.
Want to know the latest in trends, deals and cool fashion finds? Make sure to sign up today and never miss any exclusive style content, beauty inspiration and most of all my fashionable adventures!