In skincare, I’ve found that quality doesn’t come from the amount of products you use or how much each one costs, but rather WHAT you use. Like anything skin flourishes with a little TLC, but not without paying attention to what it’s asking of you first.
I’m not exactly a simple girl when it comes to the amount of time I spend in the bathroom at the end of the day, but I’ve developed an ease in my skincare practice.
If you’re looking to tighten, lift, erase, brighten, clear & beautify, there are certain ingredients that your skin absolutely craves.
Here are 5 that are better than the fountain of youth itself.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA)- these acids are derived from fruits like lemons and oranges. They naturally slough off dead skin cells leaving skin brighter than before & are more effective than scrubs. They increase the absorption of other creams allowing your skin to achieve the ultimate benefits of other products. Additionally they smooth the skin’s surface leaving you wrinkle-free. *Sunscreen should be worn when using a product with AHA as you become more susceptible to sunburn.
- Vitamin C-this vitamin promotes the production of collagen in the skin, heals sun damage & prevents future sun damage.
3. Hyaluronic Acid- this is one of the most important acids for your skin as it’s found naturally in our bodies. As we grow older, we begin to lose elasticity in our skin showing signs of aging. By adding it to our skincare, we secure moisture and plump our skin enhancing a youthful look.
4. Vitamin B5- Not only is this vitamin a bomb moisturizer, but it’s also the ultimate healer. It can help in relieving symptoms from skin conditions like eczema.
5. Lactic Acid-One of the most powerful AHA’s, derived from milk, helps with the controlling the overproduction of melanin leading to a more even skin tone. It also helps keep skin’s texture nice and smooth. *Sunscreen should be worn when using a product with AHA as you become more susceptible to sunburn.